Wednesday, August 19, 2009

5TH MEETING: GUIDE QUESTIONS FOR JOURNAL ENTRIES

5TH MEETING: GUIDE QUESTIONS FOR JOURNAL ENTRIES
1. Develop a doable daily and weekly schedule.
a. Daily schedule includes time for rising in the morning, self preparations including meals/merienda, school hours, time for travel going to school, length of time staying at school, doing assignments, reviewing lessons or advance academic preparations, sports/ leisure and rest/sleeping.
b. Weekly schedule includes your class schedules, appointments/meetings, academic preparation.

2. On your journal, write an essay on the theme “The Most Challenging Thing I have ever Accomplished”. It describes your own experience of completing a task, given your full effort, dedication and determination. This could be about:
a) masterpiece (a painting, a poem, a short story, a song composition, etc.)
b) learned skills (driving, cooking, sports, playing musical instruments, and acting)
c) accomplishments (reaching peak of a mountain, an invention, fixing an appliances/electronic device, finishing trainings for high school cadet officer, etc

----------
1.
My Doable Daily and Weekly Schedule:
For Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays:
8:00am wake up
8:00am - 8:30am eat breakfast
8:30am - 10:30am do assignments/review notes
10:30am - 11:30am prepare for school eat lunch
11:30am leave the house, go to school
11:30am - 1:00pm (travel time from my house to MCL)
1:00pm - 5:30pm (Attend class)
DAD101p Lab
5:30pm - 6:00pm eat snack with friends leave school, go home
6:00pm - 7:30pm (travel time from MCL to my house)
7:30pm - 8:30pm eat dinner rest
8:30pm - 10:00pm do assignments/review notes
10:00pm go to sleep

For Tuesdays and Fridays:
6:00am wake up
6:00am - 6:30am eat snack
6:30am - 7:30am do assignments/review notes
7:30am - 8:30am prepare for school eat heavy breakfast
8:30am leave the house - go to school
8:30am - 10:00am (travel time from my house to MCL)
10:00am - 5:30pm (Attend class)
IT011 - MATH001 - HUM013 - VE011
5:30pm - 6:00pm eat snack with friends leave school, go home
6:00pm - 7:30pm (travel time from MCL to my house)
7:30pm - 8:30pm eat dinner rest
8:30pm - 10:00pm do assignments/review notes
10:00pm go to sleep

For Wednesdays:
9:00am wake up
9:00am - 10:00am eat breakfast
10:00am - 11:00pm free time, relax at home
11:00am - 12:00pm do assignments/review notes
12:00pm - 1:00pm eat lunch
1:00pm - 2:30pm prepare for school
2:30pm - 4:00pm (travel time from my house to MCL)
4:00pm - 5:30pm (Attend class)
FIL011
5:30pm - 6:00pm eat snack with friends leave school, go home
6:00pm - 7:30pm (travel time from MCL to my house)
7:30pm - 8:30pm eat dinner rest
8:30pm - 10:00pm do assignments/review notes
10:00pm go to sleep

2.
The Most Challenging Thing I have ever Accomplished

Now that I'm in college, lessons, assignments, projects etc. are plenty and they're sometimes quite difficult to do. But instead of seeing it as difficult, I see it as challenging.

Just the other week, we were given an assignment on our HUM013 class: write a 10-minute skit/script for drama play. I love writing, but I'm used to writing only essays and poems, not scripts for plays. So the very thought of it made me...curious. Could I write such a thing? I do look forward to these kinds of assignments, since its personal for me. But there are still some small conflicts to this assignment: we only have a day to write it. And in that day, we still have classes. So, there were three challenges here: 1)the script, when played on stage, must only last 10 minutes. 2)I'm not used to writing drama and 3)we only have a short time to write it.

Now thinking of those three facts made me feel a little down at first, but I was determined to work on it and finish it for my grade and of course, for my skills. I started to work on my storyline, using an old idea of mine. I actually used my idea for a story that I thought of two years ago. The idea was supposed to be for a book I was planning to write someday, but I wanted to practice writing it so I used it for my script. And it turned out great! I worked on my script with the total of maybe six hours. I wasn't exactly sure if I met the criteria that it only has to reach 10 minutes when played but I was very much happy and contented with my work. As our teacher were returning our works, she handed me mine and told me to continue what I'm doing. She said that maybe someday, my composition might be popular and that I can sell it too. I was very proud, especially when I saw the grade marked on my paper: 95%.

That is one of the most challenging things I have ever accomplished. Even if I had to spend staying up late one night, it's worth it. I gave it my effort, I was passionate about writing it and when I finally finished it, I felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment